Care & Cleaning Tips
All my jewellery is handmade with love in London. Each piece is blessed with healing energy. My aim is to make your life journey as beautiful and meaningful as possible. I want you to look and feel great and special in my jewellery and feel its positive energy.
YŪRE jewellery is lead and nickel free and made from highest quality materials paying attention the every tiny detail. My suppliers are carefully selected and they only offer superior quality gemstones, beads and briolettes. I use a variety of material such as 925 sterling silver, rose gold filled which comprises a solid layer of gold (14k), 14k solid gold and gold filled (or "rolled gold") which comprises a solid layer of gold (14k). I also work with gold vermeil, but only when gold filled is not available. Gold vermeil is sterling silver plated with gold or rose gold.
Follow the tips below to keep your jewellery looking radiant and to increase its longevity.
CARE TIPS FOR ALL THE MATERIALS
• Always remove your jewellery before swimming, bathing, doing household chores or other strenuous activities, exercising or using abrasive cleaners.
• If you need to clean your jewellery, I recommend using a cleaning cloth, a soft dry cloth. For sterling silver orders, I include a special silver cleaning cloth, which also can be use to clean the rest of the materials such as gold filled, plated... Otherwise, a soft dry cloth is the best option.
• Avoid direct contact with beauty products such as perfume, hairspray, lotions, body oils and other cosmetics while wearing your jewellery.
• When your jewellery is not in use, I recommend storing it in an airtight plastic ziplock bag, avoiding tarnishing. In addition, store your jewellery separate from each other to minimise scratching and tangling. The wrapping tissue paper I use is great to store your jewellery, reuse it.
• Keep it away from direct sunlight and extreme temperatures.
Wearing gemstone jewellery as a form of adornment goes way back to ancient times. Back then, it was a practice among the more wealthy members of society to show affluence and power. Nonetheless, there was still, and still are, deeper and more sacred meanings to crystals that were specifically chosen for their properties of empowerment, protection, health and prosperity. Having crystals around is a way to connect back to nature and the universe.
The people of ancient civilisations used crystals as talismans, peace offerings and enhancement of spiritual connection as well as for physical and emotional healing. Depending on what the stone or crystal is made up of, how it was made, its shape and colour, and how we interact with it will determine the energies and vibrations it emits.
Cleaning your CRYSTALS or YŪRE gemstone jewellery
Here you have my favourite ways to bring their power back:
- Cleaning by passing them through incense. Some people prefer use sage smoke, I particularly like to use my favourite incense.
- Using sound like chanting or singing bowls.
- Exposing them to the sun or moonlight for several hours.
- Placing them in a bowl with water and sea salt. Crystals Only.
- Setting your crystal under running water. Crystals Only.
How to clean DRUZY CRYSTALS
We should keep in mind that Druzy Quartz crystals can be fragile and more susceptible to damage and breakage.
So, to prevent any of this, it is a good idea to use a soft dry cloth to wipe them and most importantly avoid using harsh and toxic cleaning chemicals products as they can harm your gemstone.
For a deep cleanse, you can make a mix of gentle soap with distilled water and then soak your Druzy stone for few minutes. To dry it, pat every side of your crystal with a soft cloth until it becomes completely water-free. Please note, this is only applicable for crystals, no jewellery with druzy crystals.
Believe in their healing powers